Five Things

1. From the time that I was a little girl I have always wanted to be a Pediatrician. I always wanted to help people any way I could. When I found out how many credit hours it took and how long I would indefinitely be in school I decided to change my mind. I took music instead. I still get to help people though, with their shoes LOL! OH, and I don't really think I could have handled all the blood and guts part of the job.

2. When I was in High School at RIDER, (WooWhoo!!) I went to State for Choir. I was a Soprano II and placed 7th chair. That gave me a small scholarship to Midwestern if I chose to major in Vocal Performance, which I did for two years before switching.

3. I lived in Germany for 3 years while my dad was in the Air Force. There it snowed worse than it has the last couple of days here. One winter day our whole family decided it would be fun to build a snowman. We had so much fun!! We finally finished and went back inside to warm up by the fire. Laura, my little sister, was staring out the window at the snowman. I thought it would be funny to play a trick on her. I convinced her that the snowman was moving and was sneaking up to the door. She screamed and ran to mom and dad!! I hope she's not scared of snowmen anymore!!

4. The summer before my freshman year of high school, I applied to go to a summer camp for Girl Scouts. It just happened to be in Hawaii and it had to do with music. In order to qualify for acceptance you had to go through council interviews, get recommendations, make a tape of your voice, all kinds of stuff in order to just be heard. Out of over 10,000 applications 150 girls made it. I was one of them. We went to Diamond Head, shopping, a Luau, and made a Girl Scout CD that is still available to buy!! http://www.amazon.com/Girl-Scouts-Greatest-Beneath-Wings/dp/B00008LULT We even got to meet the man who wrote that song, Larry Henley. My name is listed in the cover!! How cool!! http://gsmusic.com/singers1998.html Can you find me in these pics???

5. I have a secret passion for office supplies. Pens, pencils, sharpies, paper, paper clips, note pads, binders, organizing devices, post-its. Post-its are the worst because if I buy a pen or pencil they are always right next to them and all the colors and patterns and oh it's just awful and I have to get a stack!!Crazy wacky pens/pencils are the coolest!! Kimberly Pursel was my secret sister one time and she got me the neatest pens and a stack of neon post-its!! I still have the post-its, they are just so pretty!! I have a box full of pens and pencils and sharpies and highlighters that I have collected. I even have a maze pen from when my family went on vacation to Atlanta. My sister brought me back a bendy rubber pencil from Hawaii when she went. I even bought some of those sharpies that attach to your key chain. Sharpies are even more colorful than post-its now!!


Ok, now...I have to tag someone and I'm so glad that Misty finally arrived so I can tag her.

7 comments:

Linda Elms said...

Hey Rebecca! I definitely enjoyed your "5" things. It's really neat about the Girls Scout trip, and CD. I also am drawn to "office supplies", but I don't think as much as you are! It's fun finding out about people. Love you!

Karla said...

Oh my word!! LOL! I think we are sisters from another world! I have the same affection for office supplies (and don't let Sis. Elms fool you - when we go to an office supply type store together we can hardly get out!). I love the organizational stuff!! I loved your "5" - alot of interesting things I didn't know about you.

Tammy Bryant said...

Okay, make it 3 for 3, I love office supplies. But what else would you expect, I teach business. I have a place for every little supply in my room and my desk is full of neat littlel things to use.
Your 5 are great - so glad you have been able to use your talent for neat and fun things. You have blessed us in many ways at "Life" with your talents. Keep up the good work.

Ashley said...

I enjoyed your 5. The Girls Scout trip was neat to read about.

Misty said...

You made me laugh with the snowman thing. I can just picture Laura running scared. Okay I will post my five probably tomorrow or Thursday. You are making me think. LOL

Rebecca said...

You guys are so funny (sis Elms, sis Karla, Tammy)!!! I thought I was the only one with the wierd love of office supplies...it didn't help any that I worked for 4 months at office depot. I even got a family discount and my dad went crazy and bought a laptop and all kinds of other stuff!! I guess I just figured out where I get that love of office supplies!!!

Joseph James said...

Well I think the office supply thing is weird. lol How cool about the Hawaii thing though!? What a great opportunity!